Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The biggest dream is gettin' realised

Today, I received an email from Jas with regard to the trip she, Yeng and their other friend are plannin' for next year. Initially I had alot of considerations that were holdin' me back from joinin' them (some people know very well). However after gettin' opinions from other people and thinkin' it over carefully, I've decided and made up ma mind....

Korea, I'm comin' in May 2010!!!

This trip's gonna last for 2 weeks - I will be goin' there a week earlier to meet up with ma friends and hang out with them, then the girls will come to Korea in mid 2nd week of ma trip to spend 5 days 4 nights there.

As for now this is like the biggest anticipation ever! But as usual I've gotta worry whether I will have enough money to spend there. Thinkin' of havin' to scrimp and save for 5 months kinda developed a phobia in me. There's an opportunity cost here - I can't do alot of ma favourite things like shopping, clubbing, drinking, enjoyin' good food. And one more thing: I can't take cab to work often so that means I have to make extra effort to wake up on time. Now I feel the stress man! And this scrimping and saving gonna start right from today. Just got ma salary and I gotta pay ma credit card bill, not forgettin' some debts I gotta pay up. So after that I don't think I'm left with much, once again.

If I were to be able to really save up 1,000 SGD a month from today, I would have 3,000 SGD by end of October and I only have this 3,000 SGD to be spent on 2 trips in November. An impulse shopper like me can never have enough money to spend on overseas trips!!! I wonder how I would survive with this little money. Shit.... headache again. Would money please drop from the sky??

Money, money, money. Must be funny. In a rich man's world.