Thursday, January 21, 2010

Opening day of our 4 hotels

Yesterday was the opening day of the 4 hotels at our Integrated Resort... A crowd was expected outside our work area and true enough, there were MANY people. Especially uncles and aunties. We were kinda busy with enquiries though they weren't even supposed to enter the area. Even the security guard on duty couldn't stop them.

Emcee training is actually held today and not yesterday, there was some miscommunication. Anyway it was held at Hard Rock Hotel and first half of the training made us sleepy, and I dozed off. Somemore I was sittin' right in the first row, don't know if the trainer saw or not. Lol...

Each and everyone of us had to go to the front to give a 3-minute speech on a topic given by him. So he gave me a topic: ma favourite food. I talked about Korean food - bulgogi and bibimbab, Singaporean food like Hainanese Chicken Rice, Fried Hokkien Mee, Malay food such as Nasi Lemak and Indian food such as Roti Prata. I didn't exactly give it much thought, I just said whatever came to ma mind.

Apparently the trainer had no negative feedback about ma overall presentation. He said I've done very well and gave me a lot of positive comments. Hahaa I'm flattered... ;p

Towards the end of the day, he said that a few of us will be selected for further training.... In the first place I don't even know why I was selected for this training... Maybe coz I'm too noisy.... LALALALA.

Finally ma interview date is released!!! Been anxious about it... Well I just hope to get ma license and be able to work with the rest.... I don't wanna leave ;\\