Tuesday, September 8, 2009

G.E.T get-together at last!

Friday, 4 September 2009

It's a significant date of this month for I met up with ma dearest and most beloved G.E.T mates after a donkey's years!!! I think for the benefit of ma readers who are gettin' confused over what the hell G.E.T is, I should first give a brief introduction of G.E.T's history...

G.E.T stands for Green Elf Team. It is founded in 2004 when we were pursuin' our Diploma in Singapore Polytechnic. Members include ma'self, Sharlene, Melvin, Meiyin and Lucas. At a later time, Nazreen also became a part of us.



5 of us, so havoc and carefree. Those were the days....


As you can see from the above pic, the car is green and small therefore the name Green Elf ;)) We would occasionally rent this green elf and drive all over Singapore to play and find good food. Not forgetting staying overnight somewhere, perhaps East Coast Park or Changi Beach, or wherever you can think of. Outings like this just got us so excited and with great anticipation everytime!

After graduation we hardly could find time to organise such outings as we were all busy with our own lives - the girls furtherin' their studies for a Bachelor's Degree (and romancin' with boyfriends) and the guys servin' their time in the army.... but fortunately we still managed to squeeeeeeeeze a bit outta our busy schedules a few times for dinner or movies or something. In ma opinion, Friday's outing is considered one of the best we've ever organised! Since Sharlene has gotten her new baby (Honda Fit, oh I love it)... yay!

Our dinner on that evening was settled at MOF at Bugis. Food was just so-so, leanin' to the not-nice side. Or was it that I ordered the wrong food?



Xingyi, me, Meiyin



Yeah this one, beef bibimbap. I ordered this
and I think it tasted kinda horrid. :((




Meiyin and her food.. looks more delicious than mine






Lucas, ma second (If you have question marks in ur head
about what "second" means, I'm sorry there's no hint. Hehehe)




Melvin, Sharlene, Lucas



Ma favourite ylla!






Lol.



Matcha and Sesame Sundaes for dessert



The photogenic group *lalala*


Left Bugis and thought of goin' to Boat Quay/ Clarke Quay area to chill out and have some drinks and do some catching up... but we waited for quite a long time at the carpark for a car to move off. Unfortunately there wasn't even a single soul at sight other than the 6 of us in the car. And time was runnin' out... so we decided to go to Tanjong Pagar as suggested by Lucas and Melvin (they both have the same interest... ;p).



Tantric... gay bar



Really like a school boy! Totally different from what
he used to look like in the past - old uncle. Hahahaha










Cheeky boy















Cheers!~



Ylla's forever!






May babies










Soon after, Melvin and Meiyin had to meet their lovers. So it was only me, Sharlene, Xingyi and Lucas left therefore we proceeded to Le Bar to continue drinking and hangin' out. Met William, Sharlene's friend. Well, we played finger guessing game and Xingyi kept losin'. Seein' she doesn't like to drink beer, I offered to drink on her behalf. Hahaha anyway I think I'm holdin' ma liquor better these days, coz I always go drinking like during 'happy hour' and clubbing with colleagues and friends, so I'm like super well-trained now. Wahaha.

The funniest thing is while William was lookin' at the TV and singin', we were still playin' finger guessing game and we cheated and made him drink and drink and drink HAHAHAH can't help laughin'! Served him right.

It was already past midnight but we didn't manage to sing ma favourite Karaoke song. ;(( The 4 of us decided to leave for supper at River Valley as we were kinda hungry. Lucas kept psycho-ing me to eat pig's intestine which I don't fancy at all. I obediently touched only ma fried rice. ;p

Sharlene sent me home first and then the rest coz I live the nearest. How I love livin' in Queenstown hehehe.

Thanks peeps for all the fun that night, and I hope we will arrange another outing like this like reaaaal soon! :))