Thursday, September 24, 2009

On sick leave...

Yesterday I already made a plan to take sick leave today even tho I thought I wouldn't be sick today. Well, since I still have 10.5 more days of sick leave to claim, why not? I was even thinkin' whether ma 10.5 days of sick leave can be converted to Annual Leave. LOL...... If it's possible, I would be the happiest employee on earth, no doubt. *Grins*

The funny thing is, the first thing I woke up today at 11am (ma usual waking time when I work afternoon shift), ma nose started runnin'. Called up ma workplace to inform I would be takin' sick leave for the day. Hahahaha.

Went to the clinic in the afternoon and then after that, I came home to rot for awhile with ma netbook. Actually I planned to bring ma netbook out to play at Central Mall while waitin' for Fong ai ai to knock off but in the end I went outta ma house during the time Fong was about to knock off.

We met up at Chinatown and had dinner at the hawker centre. Ate ma favourite century egg porridge and she had her seafood soup. The porridge there costs only 2 bucks! Those near ma workplace cost like 5 to 7+ bucks, as tho you eat already you will 长生不老(live for eternity). -___-!!! So I have never eaten those for lunch/dinner at work before. And the fruit juice costs only 1.50 bucks like that. So nice somemore. The fruit juice sold near ma workplace all cost around 3 bucks, and such a small cup with lotsa ice. Cannot make it..... Aiyah, who asked me to work at town area?? -___-!!

After dinner, we went to look around at luggage coz I wanna get a new one for ma November trips. We went back to this shop at People's Park Centre in which I bought ma previous 20" or 21" luggage at only 50 bucks (bloody cheap). I described to the uncle what I was lookin' for - 24", red, soft case. So he showed me quite a few. But the pricing wasn't really to ma liking. So, I told him ma budget is around 80 bucks and I asked him about 22". He showed me one that's pinkish red, soft case and US brand. I saw the price tag which stated 129.90 bucks. But the uncle gave me a big surprise by sayin' "Ok lah I give you 80 bucks." That's like such a huuuuge discount.... But I didn't have money yet coz ma salary wasn't in. Uncle said I could put a deposit first, any amount I want. So I paid 20 bucks.

This comin' Saturday after work I will be collectin' it..... yippieeee!!!! At last I don't have to go to Malaysia this Sunday to buy a luggage. Hehehe.

With a happy heart, I walked to Central Mall with Fong and we relaxed at Starbucks Coffee. Omg it seems like these days I'm so addicted to chillin' out at Starbucks. Just like the days in Korea.....

A work-free day passes really damn fast like lightning. Another 13 more hours and I will be back to work. It's such a horrible feeling....... ;((((