Monday, December 7, 2009

First day, new start

Extremely excited today as this day marks the commencement of ma new job in a totally new environment. :))

Had a corporate induction today that lasted for 9 hours including 2 tea breaks and a lunch break. The first game we played required findin' minimum 5 persons who fit the descriptions stated on the handout and there would be only 3 winners. These winners, when announced, would have to call the names on their handouts. So apparently one of the winners' names was called out and I stoned for awhile. And then I was like, "Shit. I think she wrote ma name."

And yah I had to get outta ma seat and start introducin' ma'self in front of some 150 participants. Omg... luckily I didn't get tongue-tied or whatsoever. Yeah first day already high profile huh.....

The manager givin' the talk on security at work is damn hyper lah... And he kept shoutin' into the mic... The guy beside me went "Ok here he goes again..." and both of us kept gigglin' until everyone was like tellin' me during break time, "Hey you kept laughin' non-stop huh just now!!!" Couldn't control coz that guy's laughter was also very contagious... hahaha.

Well, it was not bad lah, at least I got to know quite some people though they aren't workin' in the same division as me. Most are in the Rooms division... and only a few are in ma division. Exchanged contact numbers with them, and I will be meetin' ma colleagues tomorrow morning and go to the office together!

Can't wait to see what happens at the induction tomorrow...