Thursday, December 3, 2009

Last day at Kaplan... 2 Dec

It was just yesterday...

It was ma last day at a workplace which I had been travellin' to and from, everyday for 2 years. 28 November 2007 to 2 December 2009.

It all started when I was a part-timer while still schooling... and then after I finished ma Bachelor studies, I converted to full-time and "succeeded" Xianli. Hahaa. Now, Czelyn is takin' over ma counter.

I remember when I was a part-timer and just started work there, I had to learn about 4 courses conducted in the school. That wasn't all. Enrolment for January 2008 intake started on 12 Dec 2007 and I was seated at Counter 3 which faces directly the long queue that resembled a snake. As per Patsy who is ma immediate supervisor, I received good comments from Rex, our big big boss. I was motivated and it kept me goin'.

Finally, I graduated on 29 Aug 2008 from RMIT University and I was contemplatin' whether to find a new job elsewhere or convert to full-time at Kaplan. In the end, I decided on the latter.

At that time, we were in the Yeong dynasty for not too long yet. Had a terribly hard time under him coz of his MCP-ness and sneaky behaviour and all. Totally frivolous. Finally after about a year, it was the fall of Yeong's empire and we were back to our normal, happy and more carefree life at work. Hoooray!

We fought many "battles" together at work during peak periods. Four times in a year, actually. We encountered many kinds of customers, good and bad, as well as "funny" students. And all of us had different funny stories to share with one another at the end of the day and would make us laugh like there's no tomorrow.

I still remember Mary suggestin' to me that I cut out a man on a piece of paper and hit it with ma shoe. And I really did it everytime I had a freaking irritating student. Hahahaha. There were 2 in that one single day and I hit with ma shoes and slippers. I wonder if it worked on them... ;x

In this company, I learned alot of things. I learned how to:

1. Buy 4D and TOTO almost every draw date in every single week, all thanks to the gambling queen, Mary;

2. Let out a super loud and impactful sigh at work everyday coz of the kind of students I was goin' to meet;

3. Fall asleep at ma counter everyday (as I had to work 8.30am shift throughout the entire week) even when there were students sittin' around, and even right before ma customers and with Patsy standin' beside me;

4. Walk right up to students to tell them not to lie down on the big round sofa/ put their legs up on the chair/ rest their feet on the glass table.

And I learned that there are many nice people at Kaplan who took care of me well. Simply too many.... you guys know who you are!!!

I'm gonna miss havin' lunch/dinner with ma fellow SROs.
I'm gonna miss singin' at work with Mary.
I'm gonna miss callin' "Bestieeeeee" everytime I see Jacq and winkin' and givin' flying kisses as though we've got something scandalous goin' on.
I'm gonna miss hearin' Patsy talkin' about her cats.
I'm gonna miss Mary badmouthin' her Luke. Hahahaa.
I'm gonna miss Mary chasin' after me everyday for her Hokkien songs.
I'm gonna miss "spreeing" with Kylie on her computer and hearin' her say she wanna buy everything on the spree site.
I'm gonna miss Angele talkin' about every single thing that happened at church and her activities.
I'm gonna miss hearin' Czelyn say "HAHHHH..." when something is not to her favour.
I'm gonna miss Lillian sayin' "Nothing" while still laughin' when I didn't catch what she said the first time.
I'm gonna miss Wilson and his lame jokes ;X
I'm gonna miss hearin' Rose say something that will end with a "ba".
I'm gonna miss shoutin' Jo's name across the reception area when she comes down to replenish brochures.
I'm gonna miss Haz messagin' me on MSN askin' if I wanted to lunchie with her at 12pm.
I'm gonna miss hearin' Elaine's super loud laughter (and imitatin' it hehehe).
I'm gonna miss tellin' Louis "Why you come down today? Today's not Friday, I don't wanna see you here!"
I'm gonna miss disturbin' Kylie with her Fish Lips, Lillian with her Sumo wrestler "boyfriend", Patsy with Sean Ho, Mary and her "blonde best friend".
I'm gonna miss all the cute Korean students.
I'm gonna miss those crappy things that David does everytime he's on Level 2.
I'm gonna miss gossipin' with everyone about everyone.
I'm gonna miss the happy times that I had with everyone at work.

It's been ma greatest honour to be able to work with you guys and to have all of you as ma most lovely colleagues.

Let's stay in touch and remember to include me in all of your outings!!!!! Love you all....

Link to the photo album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2025715&l=7427ca1e01&id=1303002870